This clover/alfalfa mix makes a great deer food plot seed as it is 66% clover with 33% alfalfa for extra flavor and palatability. This mixture of clover and alfalfa will provide approximately 30% protein for the majority of the year for increased antler growth. A single planting can last up to 5 years without re-seeding.
Ingredients: Ladino Clover, New Zealand White Clover, Alfalfa
- 30% Protein
- Provides nutrition for 5 years
- Heat resistant
- Disease resistant
- Cold tolerant
Broadcast Rate: 6 pounds per acre
Planting Depth: 1/4”
pH Level: 6.0 - 7.0
North: April 1- June 1, or August 1- September 15th
Central: March 15 - June 1 or August 1 - October 1
South: March 1 - May 15 or September 15 - October 31
- Conduct a soil test prior to planting. Ideal pH is 6.0 - 6.5. Adjust soil by adding recommended lime.
- If weeds/grass competition is heavy, consider using glyphosate herbicide prior to planting.
- Disk or till seedbed to loosen soil.
- Add fertilizer to your soil as recommended in your soil test & disc fertilizer into soil.
- Smooth seedbed with a drag or cultipacker.
- Spread seed at rate recommended on front of bag.
- Do not cover seed after broadcasting. Seed should not be more than 1/4" deep.